Sunday, December 23, 2012

CC2C week 34 tag


Here's my project for the final week of the Compendium of Curiosities Vol.2 Challenge using the glazed mosaics technique from page 60 of Tim's book.  Hard to believe we've worked through all the techniques of another book - so much fun! And a big thank you to Linda for being a terrific challenge host through both books.

After making the mosaics, I adhered them to a wrinkle free distress tag background with strips of dictionary paper in a loose grid pattern. Here are a couple close-ups of the mosaics:


Stamp credits: Paper Artsy, Stampers Anonymous, Inka Stamps, Cherry Pie Art Stamps

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your mosaics turned out great Penny...I love the way you showcased them on your tag.
Alison x

Sarah Anderson said...

Penny these are beautiful, love the colours

Anonymous said...

So artful and once again in awe of your use of colour which you always manage to make appear so elegant and never garish.
Wishes
Lynne

My name is Erika. said...

Love your tag, Penny. Those glazed mosaics are really cool. Have a great holiday.

Unknown said...

Beautiful artsy tag - I love how the mosaics turned out and how you placed them on the dictionary paper. Great layout!

Ali Manning said...

This is wonderful, penny! I love the strips of old paper in the background.

Jeany said...

Looks great penny, my friend and I will gry this today too ;)) have a great weekend, hugs from Janine

Jeany said...

Hi Penny, I want to wish you a happy birthday, hope you have a great day, a big birthday hug from me!! Janine.

Cheryl S. said...

Hey Penny - I haven't stopped by your blog for awhile so just wanted to say "hi" and that I miss seeing you! I love your mosaics - aren't they fun to make? Hope your summer is going well so far.
- Cheryl Stauffer